Saturday 13 December 2008

That's Clucky!

Sitting in my front room in the city of Bath (Population: 80,000, OS Grid Reference: ST745645I, Co Ordinates: 51.3809, -2.3603) I want to talk about my latest BBC iplayer experience.

I recently watched a show about the slaughter of millions of Turkeys at this time of year in preparation for the traditional Christmas meal; Kill it, Cook it, Eat it. It featured the slaughter of live Turkeys as well as Geese. Now, I think it's fair to say that nobody enjoys watching animals being slaughtered, so was this TV show really necessary? I don't think so. Unless the BBC has suddenly decided that eating meat is an inhumane life choice and want to scare the public into vegetarianism. To which I ask; Would this then be an unacceptable way to spend the licence fee money? Should a company in such a powerful position as the BBC be allowed to use their programming to influence the way people live and act? Are they really just a propaganda machine?

No. Because they also feature programmes such as Merlin. Awful.

No comments: