Saturday 6 December 2008

Now I Know That I'm Too Young

Attending the 'Cheese' night at the local Po Na Na club, having been turned away from OPA bar for incorrect footwear selection, I was greeted by the sounds of Robbie Williams' Rock DJ. By this point I was already slightly intoxicated due to my consumption of 3 pints (Kronenbourg 1664) at our earlier visit to Whetherspoons and the fact my dinner consisted of a Co-op Chicken and Bacon sandwich (excellently selected) - £2.30.

I had also eaten from the Newton Park Library vending machine, deliberating between, before buying both, a Chocolate Chip Tracker Bar (selector number 144) - 40p, and a packet of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Buttons (selector number 150) - 50p. Both were of reasonable standard as to be expected, although as the vending machine was not capable of refrigeration, the Milk Buttons were slighty too soft.

Other tunes I heard in the underground, arabian style complex, included various S Club 7 hits (including Reach!), Wannabe - Spice Girls, Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler, and I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meatloaf. Based on the material I had heard I felt a good request would be Sussudio by Phil Collins. The DJ didn't have it. On a 'Cheese' night.

Pete's Top Tip No.2

Although offering warmth/protection from the elements, when in a club, a scarf is a hassle. Don't take one unless you're prepared to budget for the cloakroom.

No comments: