Thursday 4 December 2008

R Kelly believe it!!

Today has been a good night. I've embarked upon a blissful rediscovery of R Kelly's music, courtesy of We7.com.

"The R. In R & B Greatest Hits Collection Vol 1" is delivering on a basis almost as regular as clockwork; with hits Ignition, I Believe I Can Fly and If I Could Turn Back The Hands of Time within the first 4 tracks! Incredible. My one concern is whether or not Mr Kelly can maintain this pace and excitement throughout the disc.

On the subject of R Kelly, his sterling vocal performance and sparkling back catalogue are a little overshadowed by a dubious sexual preference.

John recommends:

For those of you who have a moral opposition to supporting such an artist, may I suggest a more child friendly alternative (in the sense that he's not reportedly abusing them): Tank. Great tunes, great grooves, and the 'N-word'.

Unfortunately I can report that my interest in the album was not held past the 4th track. And to think there were 2 volumes...

(Title should be read with a scottish accent)

No comments: