Saturday 17 January 2009

Look for the Hair necessities...

The human is a member of the species Homo Sapien - translated from Latin meaning Wise or Knowing human. The Neolithic stage saw the advent of agriculture, prior to which most humans lived as hunter gatherers. These hunter-gatherers snacked on fruits, mushrooms, larvae and molluscs, as well as wild game.

What intrigues me is that at some point in our development, the diet of our hair became more nutritious than that of which our mouths were to partake. Honestly, I'm sure that the amount of Vitamins and Minerals that are supposedly in Pantene Pro-V would easily equal or surpass my intake thereof.

And onto a more startling revelation, not only are they putting fruit in our shampoo (not just Raspberries and Strawberries, but Kiwis and Pink Grapefruit?), but in my bathroom I see a Yoghurt and Strawberry Shampoo and Conditioner range. Courtesy of Schwartzkopf. Now I'm all for sleek and shiny hair, but who was the first to suggest "You know what I think people want in their hair? Yoghurt." And who was the company executive who went along with it? Even more surprising; people are buying the stuff.

Keep the yoghurt in the fridge, not the bathroom.

No comments: