Saturday 17 January 2009

I ran away...

for a day, to Bristol's Cabot Circus. And I know what you're thinking, but it's actually a retail complex, my center of gravity is way too high to be an efficient tight-rope walker.

The shopping center, completed in September 2008, costing £500 million and providing 1,500,000 sq/ft of floor space, was a nice place to shop. However I did find a few bad points, these are as follows (and in no particular order, I am basically having a rant):

Food - Some would say, as I thought I would, that having no fast food chains in the mall is a good thing, and yes, I think it is, but to have them all replaced by either Costa Coffee, Starbucks or Pret-a-Manger is a bit of a joke. I needed cheap food, they couldn't provide it, don't go if you're hungry!

The Roof - Now call me sentimental, but everytime I enter the Great Hall, in the British Museum, I am in awe. The roof is amazing. So when I first set foot inside Cabot Circus, looked up, and saw the same roof (all be it on a smaller scale) I was secretly very angry. I know it looks good mate, I've seen it, just come up with something else.

Protests - War is never a good thing, people die, and walking through Cabot Circus today, the message was the same. Thousands die in Gaza.

I admire the heart of these protestors, I don't think I care enough to actively try and stop wars, (still she didn't have to be such a bitch when I asked for a flyer - no people skills) but at the time I felt their energy was being wasted, or perhaps focused in the wrong direction; to put it another way: I don't think stopping people enter a branch of Bodyshop in Bristol is the way to put an end to the conflict.

Clearly I didn't realise how popular Bodyshop is, because when I got home I saw this.

No comments: